Oona's friend Avi gets hurt while trying to ride his bike and ends up breaking a bone in his fin and has to go to the Hospital. As she tells the others about it and how worried she is, Mr. Grouper decides to teach the guppies about the body and doctor visits.
Previous Episode: N/A Next Episode: The Crayon Prix!
Pop song: A Bunch of Bones
Lunch Joke: Hambulance on Rye
Dance song: Do The Check Up
Story: Jungle doctors
- Mr. Grouper
- Bubble Puppy
- Fake Skeleton
- Sad Gorilla
- Avi's Mother
- Little Fish
- Big Blue Fish
Molly introduces herself before trying to say, "It's time for Bubble Guppies!" but Gil comes over and proceeds to give her a checkup by putting a thermometer on her head to take her temperature. He then takes it off and looks at it with Molly. They then both exclaim, "It's time for Bubble Guppies!"
After assuring Oona that Avi will be okay, Avi says farewell and they take off. So worriedly Oona continues towards school...
At school Oona is quick to explain what happened and all of the Guppies begin to worry too. But Mr. Grouper tells them that if Avi is really hurt, the Doctor will fix it all up and heal his injured bones. Deema questions this, a bit skeptical until Mr. Grouper informs her that some fish do indeed have bones. Though others don't.
The guppies then curiously begin to feel the different bones in their arms and Mr. Grouper describes other types of bones. Like the skull, hands, and so fourth.
Everyone then sings "A Bunch of Bones".
Oona is awaiting the results of her recent X-ray when Dr. Deema swims into the room. However, she soon struggles as she has multiple X-rays and puts them up onto the machine. After a few attempts, and some help from Oona and the Little Fish she manages to find both the head, and body. Then Mr. Grouper announces its now time for lunch!
Molly and GilEdit
Gil tries to scare Molly with the fake skeleton he found but she tells him it isn't scary, since bones are naturally in everyone. She tries to show him and grabs a small hand held X-ray machine but Gil grows increasingly nervous until she shows him her skull and he panics, then turns to the fake skeleton and screams, then runs away while Molly giggles.
In class, Gil and Nonny are pretending that Clam is hurt and are covering him in bandages while Deema and Molly pretend to be sick and they tell Mr. Grouper to play too. But when they see a depressed Oona and she turns down their invite to play with them, Mr. Grouper tries to cheer her up by telling them what Doctors do to their patients and how they make them feel better.
Goby then sings the dance song!
Outside, Gil and Deema are two jungle doctors who are going around to heal any sick or hurt animals! First they come to a sick elephant and they give her some tissue so that she can blow her nose. Before leaving, an odd Gorilla shows up and frightens them away! Soon they find a Hippo who has scraped his knee and needs a bandage for it. The gorilla shows up again and Gil and Deema drive faster in hopes to escape. However they accidentally drive close to a cliff and lose their first-aid kit!
The gorilla shows up as they begin to panic and worry about getting eaten... only for Nonny to point out that Gorillas don't eat people. Deema then finally asks if he's sick, while Gil asks why he was following them. The Gorilla explains that it only wanted to play with them but they kept running away, and that he is very lonely.
Deema and Gil apologize and they promise to be his friend and play with him! The story ends as they all share a hug and everyone lives happily ever after...
Molly and Gil 2Edit
Molly comes over to see Gil giving some of the little fish checkups by checking their throats. He makes each one say "ah", but while not paying attention, and the fact that Molly did try to warn him, Gil is suddenly blown away by a big blue fish when its his turn to say Ah!
Mr. Grouper takes the Guppies on a field trip to the hospital to visit Avi. First they get into an elevator and go up to the floor where Avi is and they quickly manage to locate him. Oona is very happy to see him there as the Doctor shows up to explain, and show everyone that Avi broke a bone in his tail when he fell. But with his cast he'll heal up soon. Avi asks Oona and her friends to sign his cast and the Doctor tells Avi he can leave when he's ready, only to be stopped by Deema!
Upon being asked why he can't leave yet, she replies that they still need to do the Doctor Dance. So Oona, Avi, the Doctor, Avi's mom, and Deema begin to sing and are soon joined by the others as the episode ends...
Final Molly and Gil ActEdit
Molly begins to speak once more as Gil is still trying to figure out how to be a good doctor. Unknown to Gil, the big blue fish sneaks behind him and says "ah!", sending him flying away again!
- Gil: Hello Molly! I am a skeleton!
- Molly: Hi skeleton.
- Gil: Your not scared?
- Molly: Not really, Skeletons aren't scary. They're just bones. We all have bones just like that inside of us.
- (Molly then brings an X-ray device out and lights it up to show Gil)
- Gil: *alarmed* W-whats that?!
- Molly: My Skeleton.
- Gil: Skeleton?!
- Molly: Uh-huh. My bones. *holds X-ray device to show her skull, uses deep voice* Hello Gilly!
- (Gil screams, then turns to scream at the skeleton and runs away as Molly giggles)
- This is the first episode
- The Secretary in the hospital has a slightly-modified version of Deema's hair.
- With the x-rays, the legs resemble a normal human which the Guppies do reference. The other X-rays were of a fish tail and two dinosaurs.
- An important fact involving X-rays was left out during the episode: Usually a patient wears a thick padded article of clothing over their body when getting an X-ray.
- This was one of the rare episodes to have all of the same gender during lunch. Usually there will be two girls with one boy, or two boys with one girl.
- When Molly, Deema, and Mr. Grouper play sick, they act like dead fish.
- This was Avi's only appearance until the season 3 premier episode.
- Noticeably, Avi's injury looks quite faked. Notice it takes him a minute to respond when he falls.
- This episode shows that the series does not take place in chronological order, as Bubble Puppy is in it despite him not appearing for a few more episodes.
- "A bunch of Bones" is one of the most popular songs in the entire series.
- This episode was dedicated to "Charlie O'Donnell".
- This episode is Number 6 on the Nick Jr's website.
- Sometimes when the Pop Song would air during commercial breaks, an edited version of this episodes intro is shown. Besides slightly different animation, Gil takes Molly's temperature without the forehead thermometer and Bubble Puppy ends up startling him.
Lunch joke: A Hamulance on Rye