Nonny: "I hope I can catch the ball."
Gil: "Just do your best."
— Gil and Nonny
Oona: "There it is... The rock of the cyclops. (stops) Wait. The rock of the what?"
Nonny: (appears from behind a small rock) A cyclops is a giant with only one eye. (back disappears)"
— Deema, Oona and Nonny
| Character Information
PersonalityEditBrainy and smart, Nonny usually is the one to define any word thrown out there, or quicky answers Oona's questions. He is cautious because of this, and is not the one to try a sport or new thing immediately without learning as much as he possibly can first. His favorite hobby is Reading.
He is always frowning noticeably, but smiles on rare occasion. Usually when with Oona, fans have noticed. Which may hint at his feelings for her. He is pretty shy and quiet, but seems to make a curious face often as a result of being "blank" in terms of expression. But despite this, Nonny is known fo his presevering spirit. He could be very intelligent. His willingness to keep trying, combined with encouragement from his friends, often leads him to triumph in the end.
Nonny dislikes yelling. His favorite color is Orange and his favorite Lunch is a Pickle and cheese sandwich with water.
AppearanceEditNonny's hair resembles Gil's, but is carrot orange in color and maybe slightly messier in the bangs department. His eyes are green, matching his fin. Which is light green with thin dark green stripes.
Noticeably, Nonny wears a pair of blue glasses over his eyes, though they look like scuba goggles. He WAS NEVER seen without them, but he HAS broken them once, & went an entire day without them. That's when he IS seen without them. But rarely may wear something over them. If he did not wear them, he may resemble Gil much more. He also seems to be the thinnest of the guppies, if one looks closely.
- Plain T-shirts
- Patient shirt
- Marching band costume
- Airplane Pilots uniform
- A blue shirt during his Post Office shop sketch
- An orange vest over a yellow T-shirt and dark green baseball cap.
- Magician Attire
- Explorer/archeologist outfit
- His rock uniform, which consisted of a leather jacket with thin straps, a black band on his upper left arm, a black studded bracelet on his right wrist.
- In the special Fairytale/Stories episode, Nonny was the Genie in the mirror and just wore a purple genies hat with a gold orange and piece in the center.
- A blue themed Jesters Cap
- On Halloween, Nonny was dressed as a Vampire! He wore a white T-shirt with a dark black vampire cape and red lining on the inside, and he was seen with vampire fangs on several occasions.
"A mastodon is like a hairy, stinky elephant."
"An emergency is when someone needs help right away!"
"I caught it...I caught it!"
"Everyone keeps saying I'm very wise"
- Nonny has made the most lunch time jokes out of all the males.
- Nonny is allergic to dirt.
- At first, Nonny could not catch the ball properly in "Fishketball" which may mean he isn't too good with sports.
- Nonny's lunch time jokes strangely involve Macaroni and Cheese most of the time. Though it's not his favorite dish.
- Usually Nonny is probably the only guppy to not say "hello" to the viewer but he does wave it to the viewer, as he usually is already sitting down at his spot. However, when he rarely does it he quickly swims over to his spot.
- Nonny is the only guppy to have both green eyes and orange hair.
- Compared to season 1, Nonny smiles a lot less in season 2.
- During the early Bubble Guppies stage, Nonny wore plain black square frames glasses and his fin was orange with yellow stripes.
- His lack of smiling is finally referenced at the end of the song "Smile Pop Song"
- Nonny likes scary ghost stories.
- When Nonny is very excited his voice gets noticeably higher.
- Nonny also seems to have a lot of fun playing a guitar.
- He is a good inventor, because of the day he invented the Quarter-O-Matic
- Nonny is the only Guppy who has not hugged so far.